Event Marketing Programs Manager
With nearly 150,000 users relying on Allego’s modern sales learning and readiness platform to help them crush their quota, we’ve experienced triple digit growth every year. We’re kind of a big deal, but don’t just take our word for it. The Boston Business Journal named us a Best Places to Work honoree for the past two years. We’re looking for an organized and detail-oriented Event Marketing Programs Manager to help run our sponsored trade shows and conferences, as well as our annual Allego S3 customer conference, and the marketing programs support that surrounds them.
The Event Marketing Programs Manager reports to the Director of Marketing Communications and supports the marketing team in building brand awareness for Allego and generating new leads for the sales team through flawlessly executed events and a highly engaging social media presence. The successful candidate should have past experience in B2B event marketing. This person should be comfortable working in a fast paced, demanding but rewarding start-up environment. Strong team players with great communication and impeccable organizational skills will thrive. They will have a knack for understanding the importance of analytics and how using social media can boost engagement and awareness.
The Event Marketing Programs Manager’s main focus areas are Allego marketing events and social media presence, with exposure to all other aspects of B2B marketing. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and recommend new event opportunities to establish market leadership and drive lead generation
- Assist with the logistics and planning as part of general event support and execution, from ordering A/V, booth furniture and collateral, to shipping materials to show site, to following up with internal sales team post-event to collect leads
- Plan, coordinate, and execute targeted event marketing campaigns (using marketing automation systems such as Marketo) that will drive the required top and middle of funnel responses to meet sales objectives and business goals
- Research and book venues for successful customer events to drive amazing experiences
- Coordinate with outside vendors to manage print and collateral needs
- Coordinate with sales team to ensure the appropriate Sales channels are following up with event attendees and campaign responders in a timely manner
- Perform social media engagement activities (develop, post, and track across multiple social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. - to support marketing initiatives)
- Execute, as directed, the Allego social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Manage and optimize Allego’s pages within each platform to increase the visibility of social content
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Customer Success, Sales, etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate action plans
- Track customer references in Salesforce for Sales and Marketing purposes
- 5+ years’ B2B events marketing experience, or related marketing experience
- Exceptional written, verbal and organizational skills a must (strong proofreading skills desired)
- Execute with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
- Adaptive multi-tasking skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Graphic design skills are a bonus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, PR, Communications, English or related discipline preferred
- Great sense of humor a MUST!
Allego offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits program that enables employees to choose the benefits that best fit their needs and the needs of their families. Full time new hires are eligible for most benefits on the first day of employment. The following is a summary of the benefits offered to Allego employees.
Health and wellness
Generous time off policy
Employee Assistance Program
Security and savings
Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Culture and Values
Our Core Values, better known as Allego’s Operating Principles, are at the heart of our business. They are the fabric of our culture and central to our approach to work, our customers and with each other.